By Grant Allen
Beginning Android 4 is an replace to Beginning Android 3, initially written via Mark Murphy. it's your first step at the route to growing marketable apps for the burgeoning Android marketplace, Amazon's Android Appstore, and extra. Google’s Android operating-system has taken the via typhoon, going from its humble beginnings as a telephone working process to its present prestige as a platform for apps that run throughout a gamut of units from telephones to drugs to netbooks to televisions, and the checklist is bound to develop.
shrewdpermanent builders usually are not sitting idly by way of within the stands, yet are leaping into the sport of making leading edge and salable purposes for this fast-growing, cellular- and consumer-device platform. If you’re no longer within the video game but, now could be your likelihood!
Beginning Android 4 is clean with information at the most modern new release of the Android platform. start before everything through fitting the instruments and compiling a skeleton app. go through growing layouts, applying widgets, taking person enter, and giving again effects. quickly you’ll be growing leading edge functions concerning multi-touch, multi-tasking, location-based characteristic units utilizing GPS.
You’ll be drawing facts stay from the web utilizing net companies and delighting your shoppers with life-enhancing apps. now not because the computing device period first begun has there been this a lot chance for the typical developer. What are you watching for? seize your replica of Beginning Android 4 and start!
<h3>What you’ll learn</h3> * strengthen Java-based cellular purposes and video games for quite a lot of telephones and units.
* Create person interfaces utilizing WebKit and the Android widget framework.
* construct place- and map-based purposes drawing on reside feeds over the web.
* contain actions, prone, content material companies, and broadcast receivers into your purposes.
* help a number of Android models, a number of reveal sizes, and different device-specific features.
* construct and adventure the array of latest WebM video and different multimedia APIs for Android and extra.
Who this ebook is for
Beginning Android 4 is geared toward programmers new to Android program improvement who wish to create marketable purposes for the burgeoning marketplace of cellphone, pill, and different Android equipment clients.
desk of Contents * the large photograph
* tips on how to start
* Your First Android venture
* analyzing Your First undertaking
* a piece approximately Eclipse
* improving Your First venture
* Rewriting Your First undertaking
* utilizing XML-Based Layouts
* applying uncomplicated Widgets
* operating with bins
* The enter procedure Framework
* utilizing choice Widgets
* Getting Fancy with Lists
* nonetheless extra Widgets and bins
* Embedding the WebKit Browser
* employing Menus
* exhibiting Pop-up Messages
* dealing with job Lifecycle occasions
* dealing with Rotation
* facing Threads
* developing cause Filters
* Launching actions and Sub-Activities
* operating with assets
* Defining and utilizing types
* dealing with a number of display Sizes
* Introducing the Honeycomb UI
* utilizing the motion Bar
* dealing with Platform adjustments
* having access to documents
* utilizing personal tastes
* handling and having access to neighborhood Databases
* Leveraging Java Libraries
* speaking through the web
* prone: the idea
* uncomplicated carrier styles
* Alerting clients through Notifications
* soliciting for and Requiring Permissions
* gaining access to Location-Based providers
* Mapping with MapView and MapActivity
* dealing with cell Calls
* extra improvement instruments
* The function of other Environments
* different substitute Environments
* facing units
* the place can we pass from right here?
Read Online or Download Beginning Android 4 PDF
Best java books
Create Next-Generation firm Applications
discover HTML5 and Java EE 7 gains
Use NetBeans IDE editors, templates, and code turbines
enforce MVVM performance with Knockout. js
Dynamically map database items utilizing Java endurance API
Configure, deal with, and invoke RESTful internet providers
Maximize messaging potency via WebSockets
settle for and procedure HTML5 Server-Sent occasions streams
hire Syntactically striking Stylesheets, CSS3, and Sassy CSS
(Pearson schooling) instructions for growing cross-platform Java functions and applets with the JFC parts. The CD-ROM includes code samples and a wide number of pix designed to be used with Java starting place Classics (JFC) parts. additionally contains a spouse website. prior version now not pointed out.
Even if you are new to Groovy or you are an skilled Groovy programmer, Groovy Recipes, is a must-have reference booklet. Groovy Recipes, is nice at giving a uncomplicated clarification on Groovy middle recommendations. yet, its actual power is in delivering a plethora of examples, that maintain you coming again to this ebook, repeatedly, to benefit the straightforward attractiveness of writing Groovy code.
Sensible advisor to using the Java 2 Platform for Web-enabled purposes and dynamic websites. specializes in new functions: the traditional JSP tag library, filters, life-cycle occasion listeners, declarative and programmatic safeguard, internet functions, and lots more and plenty extra. Softcover
- OCA/OCP Java SE 7 Programmer I & II Study Guide (Exams 1Z0-803 & 1Z0-804) (Certification Press)
- Multimobile Development: Building Applications for the iPhone and Android
- Pro Eclipse JST: Plug-ins for J2EE Development
- Grails Persistence with GORM and GSQL
Extra info for Beginning Android 4
For example, if a Button element has an attribute value of android:textStyle = "bold", that means that the text appearing on the face of the button should be rendered in a boldface font style. Android’s SDK ships with a tool (aapt) that uses the layouts. xml). java source file within your project’s gen directory, allowing you to access layouts and widgets within those layouts directly from your Java code, as will be demonstrated later in this chapter. Why Use XML-Based Layouts? Most everything you do using XML layout files can be achieved through Java code.
The android:versionCode value, on the other hand, must be an integer, and newer versions must have higher version codes than do older versions. Android and the Android Market will compare the version code of a new APK to the version code of an installed application to determine if the new APK is indeed an update. The typical approach is to start the version code at 1 and increment it with each production release of your application, though you can choose another convention if you wish. CHAPTER 4: Examining Your First Project TIP: The Android Market will present only one version (typically, the latest) of any APK.
Chapter 4 Examining Your First Project The previous chapter stepped you through creating a stub project. This chapter describes what is inside of this project, so you understand what Android gives you at the outset and what the roles are for the various directories and files. Project Structure The Android build system is organized around a specific directory tree structure for your Android project, much like any other Java project. The specifics, though, are fairly unique to Android—the Android build tools do a few extra things to prepare the actual application that will run on the device or emulator.
Beginning Android 4 by Grant Allen