By Michael Rafii, Thomas Cochrane
THE INSIDER’S advisor TO ACING THE NEUROLOGY BOARD examination – WRITTEN via PHYSICIANS WHO PASSED
Apply the confirmed First reduction formulation for examination success!
- High-yield summaries of hundreds of thousands of must-know neurology and psychiatry themes for the neurology forums and in-in education exam
- Hundreds of tables, diagrams, and illustrations simplify studying and memorization
- Key proof within the margins pinpoint “must be aware of” info for the boards
- Mnemonics and scientific pearls make memorization enjoyable and effective
- Integrated mini-cases spotlight usually established eventualities and vintage sufferer presentations
- Proven test-taking ideas for excelling at the ABPN exam
- Written by way of fresh try out taker and reviewed by way of college to guarantee the main up to date and correct fabric possible
Read or Download First Aid for the Neurology Boards, 2nd Edition PDF
Best neurosurgery books
Issues because of trauma to the top, backbone, and peripheral nerves are one of the most typical visible by means of neurologists and neurosurgeons. This forty two bankruptcy booklet is the great, definitive paintings at the topic, delivering assurance on a variety of medical concerns. the second one version positive aspects thoroughly new sections on activities and neurologic trauma and iatrogenic trauma to enrich current entire sections on head trauma, spinal trauma, plexus and peripheral nerve accidents, post-traumatic discomfort syndromes, environmental trauma, and posttraumatic sequelae and medicolegal features.
This color atlas offers details on all significant acoustic neurinoma systems, and is designed to enhance physicians' talents during this uniqueness. With greater than 50,000 new instances in keeping with 12 months around the world, acoustic neurinomas are one of the most ordinarily saw skull-base tumours. also they are one of the so much challenging for surgeons, on account that nice precision is required to guard the auditory nerve, the facial nerve and different serious buildings.
The sector of neural transplantation is at a vital level, with vital medical trials on transplantation in sufferers with Parkinson's affliction nearing of completion and novel, replacement techniques to fetal transplantation being constructed. This well timed e-book brings jointly prime neuroscientists, clinicians, and telephone and developmental biologists to debate using neural transplants in neurodegenerative problems, akin to Parkinson's sickness, Huntington's chorea, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, a number of sclerosis and spinal twine damage.
Featured as a unmarried quantity, this can be a accomplished consultant to attainable nerve entrapment syndromes and their administration. each one bankruptcy covers a unmarried nerve, or crew of heavily comparable nerves, and is going over the medical presentation, anatomy, actual examination, differential analysis, contributing elements, injection ideas, neurolytic/surgical ideas, remedies of perpetuating elements, and issues.
- NeuroPET: Positron Emission Tomography in Neuroscience and Clinical Neurology
- Endoscopic and Microsurgical Anatomy of the Upper Basal Cisterns
- Surgical Management of Spinal Cord Injury: Controversies and Consensus
- The Craniocervical Syndrome and MRI
- Hemorrhagic and Ischemic Stroke: Medical, Imaging, Surgical and Interventional Approaches
- Radiosurgery and Pathological Fundamentals
Extra info for First Aid for the Neurology Boards, 2nd Edition
12) Layers of nerves cells in the spinal cord gray matter. In motor neuron pools (IX), the neurons are somatotopically organized as follows: flexor muscles close to the central canal, extensor muscles located more peripherally. Medial neurons → proximal muscles; lateral neurons → distal muscles. 4. Cervical gray matter looks like “baby booties”; thoracic gray matter looks like a “Honda” symbol. indd 20 3/27/15 4:49 PM NEUROANATOMY 21 CHAPTER 2 Lissauer's tract II—Substantia gelatinosa IV VI X VII VIII IX—Motor neuron pools F I G U R E 2 .
Rostral: midbrain/ nuclei, hypothalamus, basal Caudal: Integrate motor, refl x, upper pons; caudal: forebrain. cuneate nucleus Inferior olivary Medulla nucleus Reticular nuclei All and autonomic functions. pons/medulla) Caudal raphe nuclei Caudal Inputs from the periaqueductal To cerebellum, medulla, and Produce serotonin; form part of a pons/ gray matter. spinal cord (terminate in central pain-control system, can the substantia gelantinosa, have excitatory effect on motor intermediolateral cell column).
Medulla. Then projects to Important in the gate- substantia gelatinosa → release control theory involving pain endogenous opioids. modulation. To the striatum. Dopamine-containing neurons. pars compacta Involved in motor control (dorsal) pathways. Lesioned in Parkinson disease. Substantia nigra Striatum (GABA, substance Inibitory projections to Secretes GABA. Inhibitory pars reticularis P—inhibitory) and subthalamic ventrolateral/ventral anterior neurons. Works with globus (ventral) nucleus (glutamate—excitatory).
First Aid for the Neurology Boards, 2nd Edition by Michael Rafii, Thomas Cochrane